Tuesday, August 12, 2008

i have a site!!!

today i found out that i'll be living in a house at a primary school in Lwanga village located in the middle of the Iringa region of Tanzania. It's a new site so no other volunteer has been there before (read: no expectations....just kidding...kind of) i'll be living alone there with no electricity or running water but my closest peace corps neighbor will be about 5 Km away. so just a bike ride. i'm really excited Iringa is a fantastic place from what i hear. cooler temps, few bugs, and great communities. everybody google it and figure out when you want to come visit.

p.s. i reread my last post....so many spelling errors. try not to judge me. i'm always pressed for time when i'm posting. and there are always people staring me down waiting for computer time.

i love you and miss you!

6 comments:

Trina said...

I'm looking up how to get there RIGHT NOW!

Linda said...

Kim: Make sure you leave a fire lane in your new quarters. Will ship Twinkies ASAP. And Omaha Steaks.

Love, dad

Daddy is still funny...
Sounds great honey. We'll be making our plans.

Love Mom

jenny k said...

Kimbo, I love your blog! I was so excited when my mom emailed me to tell me about it a couple weeks ago with the link. I promptly read the entire thing, but haven't yet had time to post. I love hearing about your adventures and, shall we say, misadventures. I check routinely for new posts. Keep writing! I will have to get your address from your parents and start snail mailing.

Glad to hear you've got your site. Can't wait to hear what's next.

Miss you, cuz!

Queen Ree said...

Hey Kimbo -

Anutie Ree here. Love reading about Africa and, of course, knowing that you are doing well.

Let me know if you would like to set up some kind of sister school or if there might be a way that my school can support your adventures. Even if it is just pen pals although we do not teach Swahili.

Keep writing we miss you, Amy and Jessica are having to fight for the best granddaughter role when rescuing grandma. Your title in in danger.

Love Auntie Ree

Unknown said...

Hey stinker! Good to talk to you this morning...I'm glad you are excited about your placement.

The trip plans are being discussed. I'll keep you updated.

Post Laker-jersey picture as soon as possible.

Love ya! Amy

Unknown said...

its too late to apologize