Tuesday, September 2, 2008

i tried to put up more pics but i failed. next time...

also here is the link for those that would want to link up a school with one of the ones that i work with. http://www.peacecorps.gov/wws/index.cfm this is if you'd like the school you work for/with to be an officiol "peace corps world wise school." if you don't care about the official stuff or you just want to do pen pals with kids here. let me know. also... many of the girls here can't go to secondary school because their families can't pay the fees. one of the things i'm working on is educating girls and empowering them because they are among the disenfranchised (big word i know) here and this has a lot to do with the high stats of HIV/AIDS if anyone is interested in sponsoring a girl here let me know. they would write to you, practice their english, and keep you updated on their school progress. its a good way to keep girls from dropping out also if they have a little american guardian angel checking up on them.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to sponsor a girl! How do I do this?

Queen Ree said...

Kim -
Faculty meeting tomorrow - I will get them going on this. Stay safe from those chickens! You sound well and planning on doing some good stuff.
Aunt Ree

AuntieCam said...

I'm with Kim....How do I sponsor a girl. I used to support Woman for Woman International....but I prefer this direct contact. Also, there are several teachers in your family here in the bay area...I'll make contact.

Jess said...

Kimoooooooak. You're a shooting star. Sponsor me up, I'd love to help. I miss you, and I have 3 questions for you. Are there oak trees in Africa? Have you adopted another little sis? Do you think Jack in the Box would still be good via mail? These are all very important. LOOOOVE YOU! xoxooxox