Friday, September 12, 2008

More pictures succesfully uploaded.

first i apologize for the poor formatting and sideways pics but i have limited computer access so spending time to format and resave pics the correct direction is not a priority.
#1 anywho these and giraffes or twiga i saw on my safari in Mikumi national park
#2 this is the sunset in Mikumi national park after the safari
#3 this is one of my favorite friends Justin and me on my birthday in Morogoro town at dragonairs!
#4 birthday shots! (sorry mom) with me and luke and randy and ralph. we had a culutural exchange when a tanzanian saw us use salt and limes and wanted to learn how to do it.
#5 a group shot with our tanzanian friends that drove us around when we were in the capital for site announcements
#6 example of typical training session. as per usual it included a lot of hand written "flip charts" and group presentations. side note the one in the middle i drew....be impressed

#7 my courtyard at my new house! it doesn't look like much and it isn't really much but i love it. and yes i hand wash all my own clothes and line dry them.
#8 this is my "CBT" community based training group which means we all lived in the same village during training. from left to right that is Katalina, Emilia, Me, Kaitlyn, and Justin. we all are wearing our tanzanian outfits made speical for us for graduation. we look pretty "freshi" as the tanzanians say here. and yes those are giant butterflies all over my dress.
#9 this is my host baba wearing the gift that i gave him which is a specialty magic johnson lakers jersey which i stole from peter (sorry peter but it found a good home)
#10 this is me and another of my favorite friends. yes, we're wearing matching outfits because we both raided target before we came to africa....again pardon the sideways pic.















also, i got a dog!!! his name is walter and he is adorable. next time i'll put up some pictures of him. he's perfect except when he pees in my room. also, about sponsoring girls in secondary school. the story on that is that i have to wait and see who passes the test and is eligible for secondary school. so if you want to sponsor someone send me your address and you'll recieve a letter from a girl within the next few months. i talked to the principal. she anticipates that only 5 out of 60 girls will pass so there may only be a few to sponsor. i was thinking of only sponsoring girls because i'm trying to get the point across that female education is valuable but if anyone really wants to sponsor a boy let me know. education is education right. thats it for now. over and out.

7 comments:

Marianne said...

It seems to me that anyone who goes to Africa automatically becomes a National Geographic photographer! I'm so jealous! I love and miss you! Stay safe! *MUAH!*

Trina said...

it's so good to see your FACE!!
xoxo

Sarah M said...

First of all, you wash your clothes? Does anyone remember rummaging through my car for quarters so that Kim would wash?? Also, I am impressed with the drawing. Guess all your camp craftiness is coming in handy - you craft lady, you. I am thinking the butterflies suit you. What's not to love? Miss you, Kimmy! Welcome to the fam, Walter.

AuntieCam said...

Kim, the pictures are wonderful! And it really is great seeing you..it helps us validate that you are really ok.

I do want to sponsor. I will send you my address per your request. I will sponsor a boy if that is what is left.

Camille

Queen Ree said...

Hey, Kimmie! Crestview is all signed up - I just got confirmation that we are assigned/partnered with you and they gave us an email I think is old but I will try. I am expecting the packet. If you think of ways the kids might connect in letters or action, let me know. Your courtyard is very straight - good for hanging clothes to dry. Happy dog training :-)

Auntie Ree

Sponge said...

Poops this is pbear. Your pictures look amazing and you look so happy!! I think the pic with Baba in the Magic Johnson shirt might be my fave. I CANT WAIT to come visit you.
I definitely want to sponsor someone too. I'll email you my address. I LOVE YOUR BLOG. It always makes my day!!!!!!!!!!
MISS YOU ANGELFACE

Morgan said...

Kim!
I dont know how I came across your blog but I am really glad I did! I am now caught up and cant wait for your next installment!! You are awesome Kim!!

Miss ya!

-Morgan Underwood