Friday, October 10, 2008

one more thing

if anyone is wondering how they can help. the schools and health center desperatley need:
1. condoms
2. toothbrushes
3. toothpaste
4. books in swahili.....this has been a certain challenge for myself and past volunteers.
5. disposable cameras. we are working on a project for children living with parents with HIV/AIDS to make memory books since many of their parents will soon be gone and along with them any understanding of their past.
6. crayons, paper, and other coloring supplies (they have no creative outlet)
i'm working on all of these things also but if you have any connections let me know. i would be eternally greatful.


thanks everyone!!

4 comments:

Marianne said...

http://www.cutterstv.com/Project%20pages/PPC300/307C.pdf

This link will show you how to make a memory book out of an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper. I saw it on TV and thought we could do it at camp but never got around to doing it. In case the link doesn't work, I'll email you the instructions.

SpecialTeacher said...

Hi Kim, Excellent job with all the photos . . . It helps me visualize what your life is like! I'm guessing that whatever people can send will be used and appreciated, but which would be easiest and/or more cost effective? Sending boxes of donations/supplies or sending money to you? If money is better, how do we go about doing this? I love you and I think about you every day. (BTW: Specialteacher = Jessica)

SpecialTeacher said...

One more thing from me . . . What do you want/need for Christmas?

SpecialTeacher said...

Another thing . . . Do you think that if I bought you a subscription to a magazine that it would get to you or would the obvious nature of the packaging (see-through) make it "tempting"? I'm also wondering how well it would work to send you something that I ordered online and had directly shipped to you? We've just got a few holidays to go and I'd like to be able to send you something "fun." Love you.